image1 image2 image3

WELCOME TO OUVERTUNE'S BLOG | こんいち、わOUVERTUNEのブログにようこそ。| EVENTS. FOODS. TRAVELS | SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE | 私のブログに来てくれてありがとう。

【Dinner】Orbit Revolving Restaurant Sky Tower - Entree & Dessert



I was so happy for I have got an opportunity (especially got treated) to had a wonderful dinner in Orbit 360 degrees revolving restaurant in Sky Tower as for celebrating my Graduation, which were held a day before.



Yep, right above there!
Anyway, I would not talk much about myself here. So, let's get start the review.


You must book for the date and time before you went. You can visit: http://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/Restaurants/Orbit/Bookings.html to make a reservation and see other details.


This fine dining restaurant is perfect for any special occassions. You could see Auckland in perfect view without even moving your legs. You just need to sit there and relax with a glass of wine yet you can see Auckland in 360 rotation.

It requires us to use formal clothing, and for your information, you need to spend at least $40 NZD per person!! Yes, it is huuuugeee, but I can make sure it was worth, and you don't need to get confused on how you could spend $40 since the food prices are (already) high.

To be honest, when I first looked at the menu, I did NOT understand any of the menus! All the words were just strange for me. So, I just choose what I thought good, based on my feeling, lol.

The price is expensive, well what do you expect from fine dining restaurant.







Entree menu: Takarihi, lemon and celery shoot ravioli - $24

I should tell you that their entree are not the best, and I don't like every single entree. This Takarihi menu has shrimp and crabs, and whatever. I just don't like it that much, but you may try. I think this is the most-okay entree in the menus.




Not satisfied with the first entree, I chose another one, which is: Air dried wagyu beef with date and liquorice salt - $25.

Yet again, this wasn't the best. I prefer the first one, still.




Jump to the desserts. Dessert!! I must admit, I loooveeee their dessert! When I say I love it, means I love it!

This is tiramisu-something, sorry I forgot the name, but it was worth try. This was a yumm drink though.




This is Valrhone Chocolate Fondant - $17


This is the best dessert compare to the others in their menu. The below one is a real dark chocolate topped with cereal covered coffee. It has whip cream, refined sugar, and cocoa powder (if I remember it right). This was amazing dessert and I would like to go back there only to have this!





I haven't cover any main dishes yet, and I decide to put this post into two parts. Hopefully I can put it on my blog soon enough. I'll let you know one hint: despite their sucky entree, but their main menus were awesome! just like their dessert. So, stay tuned ^^-

Cheers,
Ouvertune

Share this:

CONVERSATION