image1 image2 image3

WELCOME TO OUVERTUNE'S BLOG | こんいち、わOUVERTUNEのブログにようこそ。| EVENTS. FOODS. TRAVELS | SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE | 私のブログに来てくれてありがとう。

【Dessert】Milse Patisserie, Britomart


I was terribly bored doing nothing in my apartment when there's a good day outside when there was sunshine and light wind, not too cold and not too hot, considering now it has been autumn where it would be raining and wet and yucky and usually just a great damn strong wind. So, I decided to go for city center.

I had my lunch and dinner altogether, search for some things, and finally looked at the time. It was only 5:30-ish, and despite my huge Japanese ramen I ate, I craved for some dessert.

Then, I decided to go behind Britomart Train Station and in front of Takutai's Mall, where there are so many new restos and cafes, just open probably end of 2012. Then I found one really tiny little cafe hiding behind one huge cafe and one boutique, Milse Patisserie.

Milse Patisserie is a dessert place in Britomart. Quiet fancy, elegant, and exclusive, really. But, doesn't matter, you can come there with jeans or any casual shirt, even t-shirt. You don't need to book, just come, and they'll serve you. However, during rush hour, they will be busy (around 6 till 8pm). If that happen, just tell them your name, and they'll put your name in the waiting list. They open everyday from 9.30am until late night, however they will close during Christmas and Boxing day).

They have got many choices for desserts such as gelatos, macarons, chocolates, and gateaux. In my opinion, the price is affordable and reasonable, it's still in the dessert normal price actually. The price range for gelatos, gateaux, macarons, and chocolates are from $2.5 'till $7NZD, and if you need big gelatos cakes, the price range will be from $55 until $95, so I think it's fine...



I tried the gateaux: Chocolate, Orange and Macadamia - $7
It was nice! Not too sweet for a dessert. I think I can eat several more without feeling nauseated (because I usually feel that if I eat too sweet foods).


Outside the cafe is just simply gorgeous. I think this is the most gorgeous place for dinner or dessert besides Parnell (and Orbit Sky Tower of course). There are full of lights and just stunning in every way. To be honest, this cafe is hidden! You might find a bit of hard time to find them, and I recommend you to go from the back, because you can spot their board easily rather than you go from in front. If you happen go from the front, Milse is right beside/behind Ortolana cafe.

Inside, the cafe is small, it can only accommodate around 15 people. However, inside is absolutely comfy and just home welcoming. You can see on how all the bakers make the pastries, and you can smell delicious fragrant fresh pastries from the oven.

But, it can be quite noisy because of all the 'baker' machines, and it wouldn't be so good if it got too many people inside.






P.S: If you wanna go here using GPS, here's their full address: The Pavilions, 27 Tyler Street, Britomart, CBD Auckland.

Cheers,
Ouvertune.


Share this:

CONVERSATION